1. Valente, T. W., Fujimoto, K., Soto, D., Meeker, D. & Unger, J. B. (2013). Variations in network boundary and type: A study of adolescent peer influences. Social Networks, 35, 309-316.
2. Huang, G., Unger, J. B., Soto, D. W., Fujimoto, K., Pentz, M. A., Jordan-Marsh, M. A., & Valente, T. W. (2013). Peer influences: The impact of online and offline friendship networks on adolescent smoking and alcohol use. Journal of Adolescent Health, 54. PMCID#
3. Fujimoto, K., Wang, P., & Valente, T. W. (2013). The decomposed affiliation exposure model: A network approach to segregating peer influences from crowds and organized sports. Network Science, 1, 154-169. PMCID#
4. Huang, G., Soto, D., Fujimoto, K., & Valente, T. W., (2014). The interplay of friendship networks and social media sites: Impact on adolescent smoking and alcohol use. American Journal of Public Health, 104. Online only.
5. Fujimoto, K., & Valente, T. W. (2014). Multiplex congruity: Friendship networks and perceived popularity as correlates of adolescent alcohol use. Social Science and Medicine, 125, 173-181. PMCID#
6. Dyal, S. P., & Valente, T. W. (2015). A systematic review of loneliness and smoking: Small effects, big implications. Substance Use and Misuse, 50, 1697-1716.
7. Fujimoto, K., Snijders, T. A B., & Valente, T. W. (2017). Popularity breeds contempt: The evolution of reputational dislike relations and friendships in high school. Social Networks, 48, 100-109.
8. Fujimoto, K., Snijders, T. A. B., & Valente, T. W. (in press). Multivariate dynamics of one-mode and two-mode networks: Explaining similarity in sports participation among friends. Network Science.
9. Long, E., & Valente, T. W. (in press). Perceived Social Acceptability and Longitudinal Trends in Adolescent Cigarette Smoking. Prevention Science.
These 3 used the spring 2009 pilot data that is only cross sectional:
10. Jacobs, W., Jeon, K. C., Goodson, P., & Valente, T. W. (2017). Adolescent social networks and alcohol use: Variability by gender and type. Substance Use and Misuse, 52, 477-487.
11. Jacobs, W., Jeon, K. C., Goodson, P., & Valente, T. W. (2016). What’s Love got to do with it: Adolescent romantic networks and substance use. International Journal of Adolescence and Youth, 21, 513-522.
12. Jacobs, W., Barry, A. E., Xu, L. & Valente, T. W. (2016). Hispanic/Latino adolescents’ alcohol use: Influence of family structure, perceived, peer norms, and family members’ alcohol use. American Journal of Health Education, 47, 253-261.